Wednesday 14 October 2015

Leaving the city


I've never had the sort of life where I grew up in one town and had life long friends and roots. In some ways that's a blessing, in others a curse.

In my life i've drifted from south to north,from north back to the south and from seaside to to the city (and bounced a little between the two for a few years) and now as I sit here writing this i'm waiting for the call that will allow me to move back to the seaside island I used to call home. 

I've enjoyed my time in the city, I love the convenience of everything on my doorstep, the history and being able to order a pizza to be delivered if I so wanted.


But then something happened, I met my husband. We had fun exhausting the city of it's conveniece and things to do, until one day we were driving back to my home seaside town to visit my dad when my husband dropped a bombshell I hadn't been expecting at all. "I think I could live here" he said as we were driving along the twisty main road of the seaside island. I genuinely hadn't thought about it...until then. I hadn't even thought it was something he wanted.


But as I sit here I find myself genuinely excited about the prospect of returning to my old sleepy seaside community. The sea shore surrounding us, and a much slower pace of life. It's time to move on.

Here's to the future and now i'd better get packing as whilst i've been musing about this, the phone call came through and it's on! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.